Here’s a list of animal facts you probably have never heard of.
1. If your pet cat brings you a dead mouse, it means it thinks you cannot survive on your own. It is trying to help you survive.
2. If a snail does not like the weather outside, it can stay hidden in house for up to three years.
3. The weight of a blue whale is 140,000 kilograms and just their tongue can weigh up to 3,600 kilograms.
4. Clown fish live in groups and if the female of the group dies, the dominant male in the group changes his sex to female to fill for her.
5. Dragonflies are one of the most efficient hunters. Their hunting success rate is 95%. The hunting success rate of a lion is only 16 – 17%.
6. Koalas sleep 22 hours a day. Tigers sleep for 15 hours. Pythons sleep for 18 hours. Brown bats sleep for 20 hours. And giraffes sleep only 2 hours a day.
7. If you shave a guinea pig, it will look like a baby hippopotamus.
8. Most of the hummingbird’s energy is consumed by flapping wings. They flap their wings 200 times per second. To make up for the energy spent, they eat up to eight times their body weight.
9. A giraffe’s kick can kill a lion, so can an ostrich’s.
10. Owls have three eyelids, one to blink, one to sleep and one to purge the dirt out of their eyes.
11. Hummingbirds have very weak and fragile legs. Due to this, they cannot run. Their flying is amazing though. They can fly backwards, downwards, left and right.
12. Chameleons have binocular vision. They can move their eyes separately and look in two directions at the same time. If you approach a chameleon from behind, it will ALWAYS spot you.
13.Google does not use lawn mowers to mow its lawns. Instead they get goats to graze the growing grass.
14. Badgers are the most badass animals. They are termed as the most “fearless” animals. They have been known to chase lions away from their captured prey and eat venomous snakes. They are incredibly intelligent. They can dig underground tunnels that can have up to 50 exits and accommodate multiple badger families
15. Sharks produce new teeth throughout their life. They can make up to 30,000 new teeth in a lifetime.
16. Cows produce more milk when they listen to slow music. The music has a soothing effect on them.