Coffee is the among the most widely preferred beverages in the world. There are many people in the world who can’t start their day without a cup of coffee. So here are some fantastic facts about coffee to make your day.
1. Coffee and cocaine appeal the same region of the brain.
At the beginning of the 18th century, people saw frequent coffee drinking as a “coffee addiction”. It was not until 1873 that coffee became truly popular and suitable for society.
2. Unroasted coffee beans are commonly used in painkillers
Coffee has many health benefits. Coffee has more antioxidants than any other food. It can reduce the risk of liver cirrhosis by up to 80%. It can also prevent liver cancer.
3. First webcam was designed to monitor a coffee machine
The webcam was used to check whether the coffee machine was filled with coffee.
4. Good for beauty
Coffee is a good combat for cellulite. It helps reduce swollen eyes and prevents hair loss.
5. Decaf coffee is not 100% decaf
It is not possible to remove 100% caffeine from coffee without killing its “coffee aroma”.
6. Second most important commodity after oil
The use of coffee is so widespread throughout the world, that it is the world’s second most important commodity after oil.
7. Coffee was once called “Arabian Wine”
Coffee first came to the west in 17th century from the Middle-East. It was, in fact, called “qahhwat al-bun”, which means “wine of the bean”.
8. The coffee bean is found inside a cherry fruit
That’s true. The coffee bean is actually the seed found inside a cherry like fruit. The fruit tastes like a mix of peach or watermelon fruit. The coffee trees can grow up to 10 meters in length.
9. Coffee was discovered due to goats
A farmer in Ethiopia observed that his goats became lively when they consumed cherries from a coffee trees.
10. Dark roasted coffee contains less caffeine
The dark roasted coffee beans are roasted for a long duration that reduces the amount of caffeine in the beans
11. There are over 50 varieties of coffee
The most known varieties of coffee are Arabica and Robusta. But there are over 50 different varieties of coffee. Some of these are Turkish coffee, mild brew coffee, cafe cubano, cafe zorro, Black Ivory Coffee, and many more.
12. Arabica and robusta coffee
Arabica is the most widely consumed coffee. But robust coffee is stronger and bitter and is used to prepare espresso.
13. Coffee was invented by…
George Constant Louis Washington, the Anglo-Belgian namesake of the American president. Although the first attempt to invent coffee was done by Japanese scientist Satori Kato from Chicago.
14. Coffee flourishes the most is the green belt
The green belt is the area near the equator. It is perfect for production of coffee. The area is also known as the “bean belt”.
15. It takes 100 cups to die from coffee
Only if you survive the hallucinations and anxiety from the first 50.
16. It takes 15 minutes to take effect
The caffeine takes 15 to 20 minutes for caffeine to charge up your batteries.
17. 1 cup of coffee contains
100 mg of caffeine.
18. Caffeine makes painkillers more effective
Painkillers become 40% more effective in combination with caffeine.